Updating NinjaTrader Indicators and Strategies
Uninstall the current NinjaTrader Assemby (indicator or strategy)
If you download an updated indicator it is important to uninstall the old version (assembly) prior to importing the new version.
- Starting from the Control Center, click on File/Utilities/Remove NinjaScript Assembly.
- Select the old indicator assembly and elect to remove it, by using the relevant button.
- If you want to remove multiple assemblies, you can choose all the ones that you want to remove and remove them all at the same time.
- NinjaTrader may sometimes say that it has to restart in order for the changes to take effect. If so, restart NinjaTrader.
It is important to note that sometimes indicators may have been changed sufficiently enough to affect the plots on your current charts. The best way to make sure everything is working well is to remove the updated assembly (indicator orstrategy) from the chart and then reapply it. If the chart had been saved as a template simply save it again with the same name to ensure the next chart that you open with the template will work correctly.
Install the new NinjaTrader Assemby
- Download your indicators, then open NinjaTrader.
- Go to the Control Center and click on File/Utilities/Import NinjaScript.
- Browse to, and select the downloaded indicator.zip file and click on "Open" to begin the import process.